Here, we are going to tell you about the SEBI, what is the full form of SEBI, What is SEBI, Salary in SEBI, Functions of SEBI and Purchase and Sale of Securities, other question related to SEBI, etc.
SEBI Full Form
SEBI full form or SEBI stands for- Security and Exchange Board of India. Also, SEBI full form in Hindi is “भारतीय सुरक्षा और विनिमय बोर्ड”.
SEBI Grade A officer earn Rs. 1,07,000 Per month(Without accommodation)
What is SEBI?
The parliament of India establishes SEBI or Security and Exchange Board of India as a statutory regulatory body which protects and Oversee the interest of investors in securities. SEBI or Security and Exchange Board of India is a watchdog in the Indian market, which make sure that no one is duping anyone and all people are following rules and regulation in the money market of India. It promotes the development of the security market and regulates the securities market. Security and Exchange Board of India is the principal regulator of all 28 stock exchanges in India. SEBI oversees these stock exchanges which are owned by private firms.
SEBI Information:- Salary in SEBI, Functions of SEBI and Purchase and Sale of Securities
Salary and benefits in SEBI-
SEBI or Security and Exchange Board of India Grade A officers gets a very handsome salary. A Grade A officer in SEBI or Security and Exchange Board of India earns Rs. 1,07,000 per month if he didn’t opt for accommodation and if an officer earns for accommodation, then he/she gets Rs. 73,000 per month.
Basic pay of SEBI Grade A officer is Rs. 28150 per month. The rest pay scale varies from Rs. 28150 to Rs. 55600 per month which is dependent upon the number of years you serve in SEBI or Security and Exchange Board of India.
Allowances of Grade A officer in SEBI-
1. Family Allowance
2. Dearness Allowance
3. Local Allowance
4. House cleaning allowance, etc.
Benefits of working in SEBI-
1. Medical expenses reimbursement
2. Leave Fare concession
3. Education Allowance
4. Book grant allowance
5. Briefcase allowance
6. Staff furnishing scheme
7. Conveyance expenses bear by organisation
8. Computer purchasing schemes.
9. Subsidised Facility for lunch or breakfast in organisation cafeteria.
As we have seen the facilities and salary of SEBI or Security and Exchange Board of India Grade A officers, we can say that it’s a great salary for SEBI Grade A officers. Assistant general manager salary can go up to more than Rs. 25,00,000 per annum. So a person gets very high salary in SEBI or Security and Exchange Board of India. With the addition of experience, your seniority will rise, and hence your salary will also rise. It will take some years before you pay scale to become good. Not only salary, but SEBI also provides you with many allowances and benefits which will help you to save a large chunk of money. Nearly all basic necessity needs are taken care of by SEBI or Security and Exchange Board of India so that you can work with the tension-free mind.
Functions of SEBI
SEBI or Security and Exchange Board of India can perform n numbers of function. But we have classified all its functions into three different functions
1.Regulatory Function of SEBI
1. SEBI makes sure that the interest of investors in the security market is protected and they also make sure that development is promoted in the security market.
2. SEBI regulates the security market according to its predefined rules and regulation.
3. SEBI regulates the business in security markets and stock markets throughout India.
4. SEBI also register and regulate the working of Sub-broker, stockbroker, share transfer agent, trustee of trust deeds, bankers to an issue, registrars to an issue, underwriters, merchant bankers, portfolio manager, investment advisers and other such working positions who can be associated with security markets in any manner.
5. SEBI also promote and regulate self-regulatory organisations.
6. SEBI also register and regulate the working of VC or Venture funds or collective schemes which includes mutual funds.
7. SEBI also promotes education and training of intermediaries of securities markets.
8. SEBI strictly prohibit fraudulent and unfair trade practises, which relates to security markets.
9. SEBI also keep a sharp eagle watch on Insider trading in the securities market.
10.SEBI also levy fees and other charges for carrying out purposes of this section.
11.SEBI also research for the above purposes.
12.SEBI also regulates the substantial acquisition of shares and takeover of companies.
2. Protective Function of SEBI
1. SEBI can restrain persons from accessing the securities market and prohibit any person which is associated with the securities market to buy, sell or deal in securities.
2. SEBI can suspend the trading of any security in any recognised stock exchange.
3. SEBI can interrupt any person who is working on a position in an office of any stock exchange or self-regulatory organisation throughout India from holding such position.
4. SEBI or Security and Exchange Board of India promote fair practices and all code of conducts.
3. Developing Function of SEBI
- SEBI trains Brocker and Intermediate for the securities markets
- SEBI conducts research and practises all information related to the stock market
- It takes all the majors to develop workers under SEBI.
And a few more steps also can be taken by SEBI in different cases.
How to Purchase and Sale of Securities in Stock Exchange
The person wanted to purchase, and Sale of Securities in Stock Exchange should have Depository account. The depositary is an organisation which holds securities like Debentures, Bonds, Shares, Mutual Funds, Etc.
There are two types of Depository in India
1.NSDL:- NSDL full form is National Securities Depository Limited. It is first and largest depository which hold fifty percent of shares in India.
2.CDSL:-CDSL full form is Central Depository Services Limited. CDSL was promoted by The Bank of India and The Bombay Stock Exchange.
Following is the Procedure for purchase and sale securities
1. Identify and Selecting Best Broker:- The first step is to select an intermediate who will buy and sale the securities on behalf of your orders. Clients need to give the following information to the broker
- Number of Pan Card
- Address and Birth Details
- Education Occupation
- Resident Status
- Account Details of Bank
- Depositary details
- Client Code number
2. Opening Demat Account:- To treads in the stock market, a person should have Demat account and Qualify all the above requirements.
3. Placing the order:- This is the third step where the client makes some order after analysing all the graph and data of the company registered in the stock market
I hope you are clear how to sale and purchase in the stock market.
Q&A on SEBI
Q1. What is the full form of SEBI
Ans.1. SEBI full form – Security and Exchange Board of India. Also, SEBI full form in Hindi is “भारतीय सुरक्षा और विनिमय बोर्ड”.
So we have seen the power of SEBI in the Indian security market. SEBI is a government watchdog which makes sure that no mal practises happening in security markets throughout India. Such frauds or malpractices can destroy Indian security markets and can harm India’s reputation in world markets as well as such activities will destroy the wealth of common people in markets. SEBI also makes sure that insider trading is not happening inside the security markets as it destroys the chance of earning fairly in markets.
Written by-Aditya Soni
Distributed Bragg Reflector( DBR )is a reflector which is used in waveguides, such as optical fibres. It is in a structured form which is made up of multiple layers of alternating materials...
LCD Full Form Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) is a flat-panel display which uses the light-modulating properties of the liquid crystals that are combined with the...