Registrar of Companies is office Building under the IMC. IMC Full Form is Indian Ministry of Corporate Affairs. Registrar of Companies deals with the management of public affairs of the Companies Act 1956 as well as the Companies Act, 2013. But, What is the full form of ROC?
ROC Full Form stands for Registrar of Companies, Also ROC Full Form in Hindi-” कंपनियों के रजिस्ट्रार “. Currently, there are 22 Registrar of Companies (ROC) which are managing from offices in all the major states of India like Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu, have two Registrar of Companies (ROC’s) each.
What is ROC?
The officers who work for Registrar of Companies are from the Indian Corporate Law Service Cadre (ICLS) which is an organised Group A service recruitment that is done by UPSC (UPSC full from) through the Civil Service Examination from the year 2009 also along with services like IRS, IAS and IPS etc.
Companies Act, 1956 Section 609 tasks Registrar of Companies (ROC’s) with the primary duty of registering companies and LLP’s that are floated in the respective states and the union territories under their administration.
Registrar of Companies (ROC) makes sure that LLP acts accordingly with the statutory requirements under the Companies Act. The office of Registrar of Companies maintains a registry of records that are related to the companies which are registered with Registrar of Companies (ROC), and it permits the general public to access this data when the payment of a fee is made. The Union Government maintains administrative control over the Registrar of Companies through Regional Directors. There are 7 regional directors, who supervise the functioning of Registrar of Companies (ROC) in their respective regions.
The Registrar of Companies (ROC) take care of the company registration in India, which includes complete reporting and regulation of companies, their directors as well as their shareholders and also look towards the government reporting of different matters which include the annual filling of various documents.
ROC Information- Function, Procedure of ROC and Features of ROC
What are the functions performed by the Registrar of Companies (ROC)?
The functions performed by the Registrar of Companies (ROC) are: –
- Registrar of Companies (ROC) looks after the registration of a company which is called Company Incorporation.
- ROC also plays a critical role in encouraging, facilitating, and maintaining a tasty and healthy business environment.
- Registrar of Companies (ROC) can also file a formal return request for winding up of a company.
- The Registrar of Companies (ROC) is also responsible for the regulation and reporting of the companies, their shareholders as well as their directors and is in charge of the administration of government reporting of several related to the company like annual filling of various documents.
What is the Procedure of Registration of a Company?
The certificate of Incorporation which is furnished by the Registrar of Companies (ROC) is the only way by which a company can come into existence in India once they have given the required statutory documents. The procedure to incorporate a company in the country needs the promoters of the company to furnish a bunch of records. The list of the documentation consists of the following: –
- Memorandum of the Association (MOA).
- Articles of Association.
What are the Features of ROC?
The features of the Registrar of Companies (ROC) are as follows: –
- Registrar of Companies (ROC) can refuse to register a company on various terms. The registrar needs to ensure that no registration is allowed for the company which have an objectionable name. The Registrar of Companies (ROC) can also decline a company which has unlawful objectives.
- If a company want to change their name, objective or its registered office, in that case, the company have to intimate Registrar of Companies (ROC) after completion of all the formalities. So, it means that role of Registrar of Companies (ROC) continues even after the registration of the company.
FAQ’s On ROC
Q1. What is the full form of ROC?
Ans:- ROC Full Form is Registrar of Companies. also ROC Full Form in Hindi-” कंपनियों के रजिस्ट्रार “.
I hope, you guys are bright with the topic Registrar of Companies i.e. ROC Full Form and the information related to Registrar of Companies (ROC).See more articles regarding Educational full forms
Thanks for reading the article.
Written By-Arpit Sen.