Master of Computer Application (MCA) is a professional post-graduate program for candidates who want to explore deep into the world of computer application development. But, What is the full form of MCA?
MCA Full Form stands for Master of Computer Application. MCA is a master’s degree in computer applications. It is a 3 years course, but if a student has a degree of Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) or Bachelor of Science (BSC), then for them, it is two years.
Eligibility Criteria For MCA
The minimum eligibility criteria for Master of Computer Application (MCA) are as follows:-
- A candidate must be passed in 10+2 classes.
- A candidate must have minimum marks 50 percent (%) to 60 percent (%) in his/her bachelor’s degree.
NOTE: – The points mentioned above can differ from colleges to colleges.
What is the period for completing a MCA ?
The period for your Master of Computer Application (MCA) is 3 years. If the candidate has acquired and pursued a degree in Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Bachelor of Science (B.SC), Bachelor of Commerce (B.COM), Bachelor of Arts (BA), then for them, it is a 2 years degree.
Skill Required for MCA?
The required skill set for a candidate who wants to pursue a Master of Computer Application (MCA) should be: –
- Excellent communication and behavior skills.A right level of confidence.
- Excellent command over programming languages like C, C++, Java, etc.
- Good knowledge of data structures and databases.
- A positive attitude.
- Strong technical skills.
- Awareness of the latest technology which is in the market.
Subject In MCA
Master of Computer Application (MCA) is a 3 years course which is divided into 6 semesters. Each semester will have different subjects like: –
Semester 1: –
- Introduction in IT.
- Computer Organization and Architecture.
- Programming and Data Structure.
- Introduction to Management Functions.
- Mathematical Foundation.
- IT Lab.
- Programming Lab.
Semester 2: –
- InfoSystems Analysis Design and Implementations.
- Operating Systems.
- Oral and Wireless Communications.
- Accounting and Management Control.
- Probability and Combinatorics.
- Business Programme Lab.
- Unix and Windows Lab.
Semester 3: –
- Database Management System (DBMS).
- Computer Communication network.
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design.
- Management Support System.
- Statistical Computing.
- DBMS Lab.
- Statistical Computing Lab.
Semester 4: –
- Network Programming.
- Software Engg. I.
- Elective I.
- Organizational Behaviour.
- Elective 2.
- Network Lab.
- Case Tools Lab.
Semester 5: –
- AI and Applications.
- Software Engineering II.
- Elective 3.
- Elective 4.
- Optimization Techniques.
- AI and Application Lab.
- Optimization Technique Lab.
- Industrial Lectures Seminar, Project.
Semester 6: –
Advantages of Doing MCA in 2020
The advantages for a candidate pursuing Master of Computer Application (MCA) are as follows: –
- Master of Computer Application (MCA) graduates have excellent opportunities in Software Development and Support with IT and ITES companies.
- Good Master of Computer Application (MCA) can also have a start-up.
- Master of Computer Application (MCA) graduates are also eligible for all types of Government and defense jobs where minimum educational qualification is graduate.
Top 10 Colleges Offering MCA in India in 2020?
- Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi.
- University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad.
- National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli.
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra.
- National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal.
- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela.
- Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Ahmedabad.
- Christ University, Bangalore.
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
If you have done BCA, BCA full form:- Bachelor of Computer Applications and searching/want to do a job, then instead of a job, you must do Master of Computer Application (MCA) if possible. As it will help you a lot as explained in the above advantages of Master of Computer Application (MCA) and will improve your skills and will improvise your job salary and job designation also.
Q&A on MCA
Q1. What is the full form of MCA?
Ans:- MCA Full Form is Master in Computer Application. also MCA full form in hindi is कंप्यूटर अनुप्रयोग में मास्टर.
Q2. Time Required for completing MCA?
Ans:-Minimum 2 year
I hope now you are clear with the topic MCA, i.e., Master of Computer Application (MCA) and information related to MCA.
Written By-Arpit Sen.