HP Full Form
HP is an American multinational software and hardware brand which offer IT products and services across the globe to the consumers and it also includes small and medium-sized businesses (SMB’s) and large enterprises.But, what is the full form HP?
Hewlett-Packard an American MNC or multinational corporation which was established or founded on 1st January, 1939 by Bill Hewlett and David Packard, and It is Public type company.
What is the history of HP?
Hewlett-Packard is an American based multinational company which deals in hardware and software IT products and services to its customers across the globe. It develops and provides a wide variety of hardware as well as software components.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) was founded on January 1, 1939, around 81 years ago by Bill Hewlett and David Packard who graduated with degrees in electrical engineering from Stanford University in the year 1935.
The company was originated in a garage in nearby Palo Alto during a fellowship they had with a past professor, Frederick Terman at Stanford during the great depression.
Initially it produced measurement equipments and a line of electronic equipments. During 1938, Walt Disney Pictures was producing its to be hugely successful animated film name “Fantasia” and HP got the contract for test and measurement equipments for it.
It was a major breakthrough for HP at that time. This contract led success enabled the Bill and David to start HP in 1939 in Palo Alto, California.
During 1960s Hewlett-Packard (HP) was recognized as the symbolic founder of the Silicon Valley, although it did not actively investigate the semiconductor devices until a few years after the “traitorous eight” had abandoned William Shockley to create the Fairchild Semiconductors in 1957.
During this time Hewlett-Packard (HP) collaborated with Sony and the Yokogawa Electric companies in the country Japan for developing the several high-quality products.
The products that were made by the HP were not a huge success because there were high costs in building HP-looking products in Japan by which the products were not so successful.
Hewlett-Packard and Yokogawa formed a joint venture which was known as Yokogawa-Hewlett-Packard in the year 1963 to market the HP products in Japan. HP has bought the Yokogawa Electric’s share of Hewlett-Packard in the year 1999.
Salary in HP
Average salary of HP employee in India is Rs. 866,542 per annum.
HP or Hewlett-Packard provide good salary to its employee. In India, the average salary of HP employee is Rs. 866,542 per annum. The salary ranges from Rs. 303,314 per annum to Rs. 24,45,297 per annum which is quite good.
Technical support engineer makes the least. They make Rs. 303,314 per annum. Whereas Project manager can make up to Rs. 30,00,000 per annum. These salaries are of India.
Let’s see how much employees in the US earn in HP.
An insurance agent in HP(in US) earns $290,000 per annum. This salary is quite good. Whereas software engineer earns $108,000 per annum. System architect cam make nearly $133,734 per annum
What are the products sold by HP?
The list of products sold by Hewlett-Packard (HP) is as follows: –
- Printers: – Different types of printers are sold by HP like Black and White laser printers, colour laser printer, Inkjet all-in-one printers and many more.
- HP Software Products: – Different HP software are sold by HP like HP connected music, HP connected photo, HP cloud services Print App series etc.
- Digital Cameras: – HP also deals in the digital cameras like HP E-series or HP M-series.
- Scanners: – Different scanner is sold by HP like Scanjet series and Film scanners.
- Tablets and mobile phones: – HP also sell tablets and mobile phones.
- Pocket Computer: – HP sells pocket computer like LX series, OmniGo series, Jornada etc. are some pocket computers of HP.
- Business desktops and personal desktops: – HP also deals in the business desktops as well as personal desktops.
- Servers: – HP deals in servers like x86, entry-level servers etc.
Not only these Hewlett-Packard (HP) deals in many more products as well. If we talk about the staff and culture of Hewlett-Packard (HP) then, the founders developed a management style which came to be known as “The HP Way”.
According to the Hewlett’s, the HP Way is “a core ideology which includes a deep respect for the individual, a dedication to affordable quality and reliability, a commitment to community responsibility and a view that the company exists to make technical contributions for the advancement and welfare of the humanity.”
The tenets of The HP Way are as follows: –
- We have trust and respect for the individuals.
- We focus on a high level of achievements and contribution.
- The Hewlett-Packard (HP) conducts their business with uncompromising integrity.
- They achieve their common objectives through and with the help of teamwork.
- We encourage flexibility and innovation.
List of Interesting Facts about HP
- Hewlett-Packard (HP) first originally produced Audio Oscillators.
- The Multi-jet Fusion 3D printer of Hewlett-Packard (HP) is made from the 3D printed parts.
- Hewlett-Packard (HP) used a garage as their headquarter.
- The name of the company Hewlett-Packard (HP) was actually decided on a coin toss.
- Hewlett-Packard (HP) created the first desktop calculator.
FAQ’s On HP
Q1. What is the ISIN number of HP?
Ans-The ISIN number of Hewlett-Packard (HP) is US4282361033.
Q2. Where is the headquarter situated of HP?
Ans-The headquarter of Hewlett-Packard (HP) is situated at Palo Alto, California, U.S.
Q3. What is the Number of employees working with HP?
Ans-The number of employees working with Hewlett-Packard (HP) in the year 2017 was 66,000.
Q4. What is the Net income of HP?
Ans-The net income of Hewlett-Packard (HP) was US$ 5,014,000,000 in year 2014.
Q5. What is the total asset of HP?
Ans-The total asset of Hewlett-Packard (HP) was US$ 103,206,000,000 in year 2014.
Q6. HP website
Ans-HP main website is Hp.com
Hope, now you are clear with the term Hewlett-Packard i.e. HP and many more information related to HP.
So, thanks for reading the Article.
Written By-Arpit Sen.
Distributed Bragg Reflector( DBR )is a reflector which is used in waveguides, such as optical fibres. It is in a structured form which is made up of multiple layers of alternating materials...
LCD Full Form Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) is a flat-panel display which uses the light-modulating properties of the liquid crystals that are combined with the...